Web / UX Designer
Are you passionate about web design? Do you love great user experiences? Do you love surfing sites like Dribbble to get inspired? If so, WE WANT YOU! We are looking for a passionately skilled web designer to join our team. You will be part of a rapidly growing creative design team. We are hiring multiple designers, with the opportunity to quickly progress into the role of lead designer. Our goal is to build the best design team in Los Angeles, be a part of it!
- Design and create exceptional websites with a strong focus on user experience for local brands and businesses.
- Work closely with campaign managers and design team to hand-craft awesome landing pages that convert traffic into leads and sales.
- Convert your beautiful designs into working responsive websites. (PSD to HTML)
- Communicate with clients to collect information and resources for new design projects.
- Refine designs to help increase conversions and improve user experience.
- Redesign the company website.
- Actively strive to be a formidable competitor and participant in office games, great conversations and general tomfoolery. (Will you take the mantle of King/Queen of Push-ups?)
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in HTML / CSS
- Experience with cross-device / responsive design techniques
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Familiarity with web trends and best practices for UX design
- Phenomenal artistic skills
- Familiarity with basic color theory and artistic composition
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Love surfing sites like Dribbble and Behance to get design inspiration
- Extremely passionate about designing websites
- Passionate about helping small and medium sized businesses
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Familiarity with various types of fonts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Seeing your work is often times even more helpful than knowing about your experience. Be sure to include a link to your online portfolio or send us screenshots of at least 3 projects you’ve designed along with your resume. Ideally, your portfolio should communicate a strong understanding of visual design and user experience.
- Photography skills
- Branding and logo design
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of SEO / SEM / PPC
About The Company
Instantly Local is a local digital marketing agency with a passion for helping local businesses grow and thrive in the age of the internet. We have a strong focus on delivering quality results to our clients. We have always believed in treating our clients like family. Our clients consist of small family-owned businesses to large local brands. Our team is comprised of writers, designers, coders, social media managers, and marketing consultants.
- Awesome Workplace – Because we demand your physical presence, we must make the office great! It is a filled with cool people, great conversations, and cool music. We are also taking recommendations for further super cool additions.
- Intuitive Tools – You get a dedicated desk and new iMac computer to work on!
- Snacks For Days – We have a kitchen, and that kitchen is stocked with snacks… Nuff said.
- Free Pizza – The pizza, like our company, is hot and local. We usually have pizza, or some other form of delicious food, on Fridays.
- Chill Dress Code – Shorts if you want. Sandals. Whatever you are comfortable in. (I mean, within reason)
- Diversity of Assignments – The assignments have a wide range. From landing pages to local business websites, and everything in-between. The creative freedom also keeps the stuff that should be boring, fun.
- Vacation Time – We have an open vacation policy, so feel free to play as hard as you work.
- Free Parking – Some businesses make you pay for parking. We say, “NEVER!” And we are not running a bait and switch, there are enough spaces for everyday trouble-free parking.
- Ongoing Training – If you love to learn, then you will love working with our team! We are constantly teaching one another the finer points of the business, as well as random trivia. (ex: Andrew Lloyd Webber is the richest living musician, with a net worth of 1.2 Billion Dollars)
- Mini Basketball Hoop – Great for dunking and general unwinding.
- Gorgeous Office View – When the sun sets at the Instantly Local office, the sky is painted with the most wonderful hues nature can provide. It is pretty cool…
- Community Events – We believe in being a part of the local community. That means planning and attending events in our area.
Who’s The Boss?
He’s a cool dude, and I asked him these questions:
Q: What’s your favorite movie / TV show?
A: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit (don’t hold it against him), Star Wars, Game of Thrones, all the fantasy stuff.
Q: What do you do on your free time?
A: I’m outdoorsy. I love getting outside. Going to the beach, snowboarding, taking photographs, and being with my family.
Q: Describe yourself in one word.
A: Problem-solver (technically two words, but he didn’t say he was a Direction-follower)
We look forward to meeting you!